REQUIREMENTS and NOTICES
- All dogs must be 50lbs or under and 18" or shorter from the shoulders down.
- Request for a reservation is not confirmed until we send out a formal confirmation through e-mail.
- All dogs must be brought into our building with a leash attached at all times.
- All dogs must have a collar with their name and phone number on it.
- We can take reservations for boarding and daycare only within 6 months of date needed.
- Must not be able to jump 4 foot fences.
ABOUT DOG BOARDING
A white picket fence surrounds each individual cottage where your dog will eat and sleep. After breakfast, all guests are properly assigned to social groups in our indoor play rooms with potty breaks every hour in our yard. They will take a two hour nap in the middle of the day, after that, more socializing until dinner followed by an evening stroll outside! Maintaining an appropriately active schedule helps ensure they each have a peaceful and restful night. Our rate is $45 per night for the first dog (and yes, we do believe our rates are the lowest in the Northwest suburbs because they include social groups and going outside at least 6 times a day)! $25 -$35 per night for each additional guest in the same family in the same cottage.
Nightly rates begin on the day of check-in. If your dog is picked up before 9AM on the last day, you will not be charged for daycare on the day of pick-up. Otherwise, daycare rates apply. Sunday we do not open until 1pm - a full day of daycare charges will be added after 3PM.
INCLUDED IN YOUR DOG'S STAY
* At least 6 hours of group socialization throughout the day.
* Outdoor yard visits, a minimum of 8 times per day.
* Report Card-when staying more than 3 nights or longer. Staff monitor your dog throughout the day charting overall state of well-being for each day.
* Feeding of your food to be given according to your instructions. We can refrigerate and/or microwave any meals as needed.
* Complimentary treats 3 times a day (or yours if any allergies or special treats).
* Complimentary bath and nail trim for all stays of 10 nights or longer.
We encourage owners to bring one personal item (excluding bowls) from home to help your dog relax and settle more quickly in their cottage. It must be washable and labeled. We do provide thick fleece bedding in every cottage and fresh clean water.
We understand how important it is for both you and your pet to have a positive experience. We are confident our guests enjoy their vacation!
OPTIONAL WHILE BOARDING:
* Medication/Wipes/Vitamins and Supplement Administration: We will follow your written instructions to keep your dog healthy while you are gone - ($1/dose/application). There will not be a charge if prebagged into meals already.
* Nature Walks: Let your dog enjoy a long walk outside during their stay. We offer 1⁄2 mile walks for $8 and 1 mile walks for $12. Starting in 2020, we are requiring that all clients interested in having their dog taken on walks will be required to sign a waiver for every visit. No walks will be given when the heat index is above 85 degrees or windchill is below 20 degrees.
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR BOARDING
We are fully dedicated to the clean, healthy well-being of your pet. While vaccinations do not offer 100% protection, we still require the following vaccines to attend:
* Distemper Booster (DHPP) (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus)
* A negative stool sample for puppies under 4 months of age
* Although it is not required, we do also highly recommend the Canine Influenza and Leptospirosis Vaccine, monthly heartworm preventative and a monthly flea and tick regimen.
All Dogs must have current vaccinations prior to check-in. We cannot admit your pet without written verification from your veterinarian of updated vaccines. These can be emailed, faxed or brought in with you on the day of your pets stay.